XAT 2018 Preparation
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is one of the most important MBA entrance exams in India and is the second largest exam after CAT. XAT 2018 will be conducted on 07th January, 2018 from 10AM to 1.30PM across the 47 cities in India and 2 cities abroad. If you have prepared and appeared well for other management entrance exams like CAT, SNAP, IIFT etc, you can consider XAT preparations to be 50% complete. You need to focus and prepare for some exclusive test sections such as General Awareness, Essay Writing and Decision Making in order to get a good percentile.
More than 140 highly ranked B schools in India like XLRI, SPJIMR Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, GIM Goa, XIM Bhubaneswar, Great Lakes Chennai will accept XAT 2018 scores along with CAT 2017 scores for admission to MBA/PGDM 2018-20, so this is also the last chance to improve your score to get into one of the top Management Institutions in 2018. A high score in XAT 2018 may get you shortlisted for next round of admission process at one of the top rated B schools in the country.
The total duration of the exam is 3.5 hours. Paper 1 will have 170 minutes, i.e. 2 hours 50 minutes and after a break of 5 minutes, candidates have to start with Paper 2, the duration of which is 35 minutes.
XAT Preparation Strategy
- First, try to improve your basics of quantitative aptitude, Data Interpretation , Logical Reasoning and Verbal ability.
- Once the topics are covered in a decent manner, next step is to practice. Try to solve question by your own using any of the book available in market like R.S Aggarwal , R.D Sharma and Arihant Publications or any other depending on your choice and usage.
- Give mocks regularly atleast 2 in week and increase it with the days.
- Only giving mocks will not help at all. You need to analyze your strength and weakness throughout the mock and try to rectify your errors.
- Analysing mocks is more important than giving ample of mocks. Read 2 to 3 articles a day on different Topics there are many good websites which gives a ample of stuff with different varieties of topics.
- Work on your reading speed 150 words per min must be maintained at least and try to find obscure words in a passage or article and make a list of it and try to remember and learn them. You can use many techniques like using those words in your daily use or you can also use mnemonics to remember.
- Make your own time table or schedule plans and stick to it judiciously. While preparing D.I make sure you know all the shortcuts by heart using Ayurvedic maths and other shortcut concept and tricks while solving D.I and L.R section time frame is mainly important as you need to do a lot of calculation within seconds or maximum a minute.
- Keep yourself updated with social events and worldwide happening try to read and explore as much as you can. Reading of articles on philosophy, sociology, psychology, history, art, culture, literature, science and technology, economy and business is recommended.
- Reading Comprehension is one of the most climacteric part of V.R. Make sure you are comfortable with it , if not ! Practice. Practice is the only key to achieve success in RC’s.
- Try to be aware of all the current affairs you can refer manorama for static g.k and internet for dynamic approach.
- Solving last years’ papers will help you understand the difficulty level and the question types to expect in the paper.
XAT 2018 Important Dates
XAT Application last date – 30th November 2017
XAT Admit cards – 20th December 2017
XAT Exam date – 7th January 2018
XAT Results – 31st January 2018
Click here: Top Management Colleges Accepting XAT Score