NEET PG 2019 Notification – Eligibility, Fee, Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Important dates
National Board of Examinations released notification for NEET PG 2019. NEET PG is the official eligibility test in India for admission into Medical PG courses like, MD, MS, and PG diploma courses. Nearly 50% of Medical PG seats of Medical Educational Institutions of Central Govt., Universities established by an Act of Parliament, Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions, Deemed Universities, Medical Institutions and colleges set up under Act of state governments and Private Medical Colleges are reserved for enrollment under NEET PG.
- NEET is required for foreign students for admissions into different medical courses in India.
- Seats of Medical colleges and universities established under central government are to be filled by Directorate of Health services, Ministry of Health and family welfare – Govt of India.
- Seats of Medical organizations under state governments are to be filled by respective state government’s assigned organization.
- However, some institutions are exempted from NEET PG. They follow their own eligibility test pattern for Medical PG courses in their Medical colleges/universities.
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
IMPORTANT DATES of NEET PG 2019
|Availability of Information Bulletin||2nd November, 2018 onward|
|Online submission of application form||2nd November – 22nd November, 2018 (11:55 PM)|
|Examination Date||6th January, 2019|
|Declaration of Results||By 31st January, 2019|
NEET PG Eligibility
- The applicant should be completed his/her MBBS course.
- The applicant must possess provisional MBBS certificate or MBBS Degree
- The applicant must have finished one year of internship or should complete internship by 31st March, 2019
NEET PG Examination Fee
- Applications should be submitted only online, printed copy by post /offline are not permitted.
- NEET-PG 2019 Exam fee is Rs. 2750/ – (For SC/ST/PWD (PH), Rs. 3750/ – (For General/OBC)
- The exam fee should be remitted through a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through Internet Banking.
- Fees will not be refunded or carried forward if the application for NEET PG 2019 is rejected or Candidates failed to attend the exam or declared ineligible.
NEET Exam syllabus for PG entrance
The syllabus for NEET-PG will has subjects designed according to the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with approval Government of India. NEET PG 2019 Syllabus comprises of three segments –
|Sl No||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE OF QUESTIONS|
|SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE||25|
|GENERAL MEDICINE INCLUDING DERMATOLOGY & VENERELOGY & PSYCHIATRY||45|
|GENERAL SURGERY INCLUDING ORTHOPEDICS, ANAESTHESIA & RADIODIAGNOSIS||45|
|OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||30|
NEET Exam Pattern for PG entrance
- NEET-PG exam is Computer based test with Multiple Choice Questions.
- Allotted Time is 3hr 30 min.
- The question paper will be divided into 3 sections (Part A, B and C) each containing 50, 100, 150 MCQs separately.
- The examination comprises 300 Multiple Choices, single correct answer questions in English language.
- Negative Marks: There will be 25% negative marks for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.