Hotel Management – Courses, Career, Remuneration, Eligibility, Colleges
The advancement of an economy depends upon the improvement of three key sectors. Services sector is one of the three key sectors which help in development of economy of a country. Hotel Management sector is rapid growing sector which is giving impeccable employment opportunities. With the growing investments in, hotel, tourism, the travel industry and event administration business, openings for jobs in this sector segment observes an exceptional development.
Hotel Management Courses
Hotel Management courses are accessible through different programs in India. Career openings remunerations depend on the level of the course a student undertakes. Following are Hotel Management courses in various dimensions.
Diploma Courses in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Tourism and hotel management
- Diploma in accommodation management
- Diploma in catering science
- Diploma in Food & Beverages
- Diploma in Bar & Beverages
- Diploma in food preparation & culinary arts
- Diploma in Bakery & Confectioneries
- Diploma in Reception operations and services
- Diploma in Wine studies
- Eligibility: 10+2
Bachelor Degree Courses in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Culinary arts – BA Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel management – BA Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Arts in international hospitality management – BA International Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management and Tourism BBA-HMT
- BBA in Hotel Management – BBA Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel management & Catering Technology – BHMCT
- Bachelor of Science in catering science & hotel management – B.Sc catering science & hotel management
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Hotel Administration – B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel management – B.Sc Hotel management
- Bachelor of Science hotel management catering and tourism – B.Sc hotel management catering and tourism
Eligibility: For BA courses, any 10+2, For BSc courses – 10+2 with science as subject is mandatory.
Master Degree Courses in Hotel Management
- Master of Hotel Management – MHM
Entrance Exam: UGAT, AIHMCT
- Master of business administration in Hotel Management – MBA Hotel Management
Eligibility: BBA Hotel Management, BSc Hotel Management, BHM
Entrance Exam: UGAT
- Master of business administration in Tourism & Hotel Management – MBA Tourism & Hotel Management
Eligibility: BBA Hotel Management, BSc Hotel Management, BHM
- Master of Science in Hotel Management – M.Sc Hotel Management
Eligibility: BSc Hotel Management
Hotel Management Career
As Hotel management industry is relied upon client/customer satisfaction, a Hotel management proficient necessities aptitudes like, administration, promoting, relational abilities, with option to these, impressive appearance is another additional legitimacy. Despite the fact that Hotel Management career is considered as a standout amongst the most glamorous professions, it requires professionals who can keep their cool even in the most difficult circumstances. For students who are interested with service sector, having great craving for cooking, adaptable to work in different time shifts, hotel management profession is best alternative. Hotel Management career have broadened job prospects, to be specific; front office executives, housekeeping, administration, food and beverages, sales and marketing, accounting, and so forth. Following are some of vital segments of job opportunities for Hotel Management Professionals.
Hotels play a prominent role in providing job opportunities for Hotel management professionals. Numerous five star hotels enroll students from Top Hotel Management Colleges and offer placements for talented professionals. Internship in five star hotels is an additional positive aspect to any Hotel management student. Following are job roles in which star hotels enroll students from hotel management institutes.
- General Manager
- Hotel managers
- Front office managers
- Personnel managers
- Banquet managers
- Floor supervisors
- Food and beverages manager
- Restaurant service managers
Average Pay: 2-5L PA
Best workplaces: Marriot Hotel, Oberoi Hotel, Leela Hotel, Taj Mahal Hotel.
For opportunities in aviation sector, sky is the limit for career opportunities for Hotel management graduates. Flying industry gives great job roles to Hotel management experts as Airline catering staff, cabin crew, air stewards, ground staff, ticketing, and so on. In this field, a bachelor degree certification is the standard requirement for entry level jobs, however a graduate degree may improve career opportunities.
Average Pay: 3L – 4.5L PA
Best workplaces: Jet airways, TATA Vistara, Indigo, Spicejet, Indian
Cruise ships give best job opportunities to Hotel management graduates. There are many occupations that an individual could get with a cruise ship, such as Deck Department, Engine Department, Hotel Operations Department, Food and Beverage Department, Housekeeping Department, Beauty Salon Department, and Casino Department. Employees in cruise ships are also responsible for accommodation services, including provision of linen, bedding and laundry, etc,. They might be in charge of organization, organizing record keeping, salary management, and interpretation of customs and immigration records that apply while the ship is in port.
Average Pay: 3.5L – 5.0L PA
Best places to work: Costa Neo Classica Cruise, Andaman Islands Cruise, Lakshadweep Cruise, M.V. Mahabaahu Cruise, The Oberoi Motor Vessel Vrinda Cruise
Career in event management demands organizational skills, marketing skills, good public relations, analytical skills, and creativity so on event management organizers not just include in simply arranging and execution of the occasion yet in addition brand promotion, marketing and communication strategy of the occasion. The career of an event manager goes through numerous jobs, for example,
- Event Planner
- Wedding Planner
- Event Space or Venue Managers
- Donor or Sponsorship Coordinator
- Catering Services Manager
- Event Social Media Coordinator
- Staff or Volunteer Coordinator
- Marketing or Communications Manager.
Average Pay: 3 – 5L PA
Best places to work: Wizcraft, Pegasus, Encompass events, WOW events, Percept, Cox & Kings, Tafcon
With the increasing corporatization of hospitals, hospitality management is witnessing a lot of career growth. In the past, a senior doctor used to deal with all the administrative issues of the hospital. But now, with the increase in number of super-specialty and multi-specialty hospitals, doctors’ role is limited is to take care of the patients and it’s the responsibility of hospitality management experts to care of the administration of hospital. A student, with science background in 10+2 and science/medicine in graduation level, has wide range of opportunities in hospital administration. Students with medical/science background are enrolled to take care of clinical equipment, pharmacy, nursing services, recruiting and training of clinical faculty. Non medical experts’ activity is to take care of the clinical equipment hospital administration, accounts, security and other non clinical administrations. Employment profiles in hospitality management are as per the following:
- Hospital managers
- Deans & Directors of Medical Colleges
- Medical Directors
- Healthcare Finance Managers
- Hospital Superintendents
- Nursing Directors
- Heads of Departments
Average Pay: 3.6 – 6.0L PA
Best places to work: Tata Memorial Hospital – Mumbai, Lilavati Hospital – Mumbai, Fortis Malar – Chennai, Colombia Asia – Banglore, Apollo Indraprastha – New Delhi, Medanta – Gurgaon, Apollo – Hyderabad, etc.
Restaurants and resorts
Holidaying, travel and the tourism industry is seeing an immense development nowadays. This industry also provides numerous career openings. With the increasing number of restaurants, resorts, and several food chains, there is a huge demand for culinary experts and senior chefs. Following are some job positions offered in this industry.
- Chef manager
- General manager or restaurant manager
- Food and beverage director
- Head of catering/catering manager
- Food writer or blogger.
- Holiday/Travel Agent
- Tourism Manager
- Travel Counselor or Travel Consultant
- Tourist Guide
- Transport Officer
Average Pay: 2.0L – 10L PA
Best places to work: Indian Accent – Delhi, Bukhara – Delhi, Peshawri – Mumbai, Villa Maya – Trivandrum, Karavalli- Bangalore, Olive – Mumbai, Rustom’s – Delhi, Pillars – Jodhpur, Westin Hotel & Resorts