Aerospace Engineering: Career, Salaries, Eligibility, Entrance Exams, Colleges.
Aerospace engineering is a wide subject that spreads out through design, development, operation and study of aviation and space vehicles. It deals with the research of the new technologies and advancement of aeronautics, space and defence systems.
There are two segments in aerospace engineering; Aeronautical Engineering which deals with aircraft that stay within the earth’s atmosphere such as airplanes and helicopters, and Astronautical engineering that deals with aircraft that operate outside of the earth’s atmosphere such as rockets, satellites, and other and spacecraft. A degree in aerospace engineering covers them both.
Career in Aerospace Engineering is diversified into various job roles, such as Aerospace Technologist, Thermal Design Engineers, Aircraft Production Manager, Aerospace Design engineer, Mechanical Design Engineers, Consultants, Assistant Technical Officers, and Graduate Engineer Trainees.
An Aerospace Engineer can work in private or public organizations. Aerospace Engineering graduates are recruited by many aeronautical companies both in India and abroad.
As an Aerospace Engineer it is important to pick between alternatives – whether to focus on Aeronautical Engineering or Astronautical Engineering. Both the branches have incredible opportunities for employment.
Aerospace Engineering is an advanced subject and requires high expertise. As it is skill based field there are number of opportunities for skilled professionals.
Openings in aerospace engineers are available in Airlines, Air Force, Corporate Research Companies, Defense Ministry, Helicopter Companies, Aviation Companies, NASA and so on.
Average Pay for Aerospace engineer
An Aerospace Engineer gets an average compensation of Rs 621,657 PA. Pay for this profession increases accordingly for more experienced employees, and goes down altogether for those employees with over 20 years service. The average compensation of an Aerospace Engineer is INR 35,000 to INR 40,000 per month. The highest pay offered to an Aerospace Engineering fresher from IITs is INR 15 Lakhs for PA.
The hike in compensation is in respect to the employer, current position and one’s experience. In government sector the pay hike is moderate. But, in a private sector an aerospace engineer may be offered with better positions through which pay might be higher than government sector.
In India several technological universities including the IITs offer courses in Aerospace Engineering both at undergraduate and post-graduate level.
- The basic eligibility for BE / B.Tech program is 10+2 Science (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) with a fairly high percentage of marks in the aggregate.
- One must pass the qualifying exam i.e. IIT JEE for admission into Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- For M.Tech program in aeronautical engineering one should have completed degree in (BE/B.Tech) aeronautical engineering or any other equivalent branches of engineering.
Graduate level (BE/B.Tech)
- All India Engineering/ Architecture Entrance Examination (AIEEE)
- Delhi University Combined Entrance Examination (DUCEE)
- Hindustan University Entrance Test (HITSEE
- IISAT Admission Test (IIST, Thiruvananthapuram)
- JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) conducted by the IITs
- SRM Engineering Entrance Examination (SRM JEEE) Admissions
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- VIT Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE)
Postgraduate level (ME/M.Tech)
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Common Entrance Exam M.Tech (JNU CEE M.Tech)
Aviation engineering Courses:
The following are some of important aviation engineering course with optimistic career
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Aeronautical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Aerospace Engineering
- Master of Science in Aircraft Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Aerospace Engineering
- Master of Technology in Aerospace Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Aeronautical Engineering
- Master of Technology in Aeronautical Engineering
- Doctor of Philosophy in Aeronautical Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
Top Aerospace Engineering Colleges
The following are top Aerospace Engineering Colleges in India
- Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur
- Bharat Institute of Engineering and Technology (B.I.E.T.), Hyderabad
- Engineers Training Centre (E.T.C), Thrissur
- Flytech Aviation Academy, Secunderabad
- Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Technology, Gurgaon
- Guru Gram Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Technology, Nagpur
- Guru Nanak Engineering College, Hyderabad
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology (H.I.E.T), Chennai
- Hindustan University, Kelambakkam (Tamil Nadu)
- Hindusthan College of Engineering and Technology (HICET), Coimbatore
- Hindusthan Institute of Technology, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu)
- Indian Institute for Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Pune (Maharashtra)
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, (Hyderabad)
- Institute of Aeronautical and Marine Engineering, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Institute of Information Technology and Managements Aeronautical Engineering Training Academy, Pune (Maharashtra)
- Jain University, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Jaya Engineering College, Thiruvallur
- Karpagam Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore
- L.R. Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- N.R. College of Engineering, Hyderabad
- V.J. College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Mohamed Sathak Engineering College, Ramanathapuram
- Nehru College of Engineering and Research Centre, Thrissur
- Nehru Institute of Engineering and Technology (N.I.E.T.), Coimbatore
- Park College of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore
- Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh
- V.S. (Ratnavel Subrahmaniam) College of Engineering and Technology
- Rajasthan Institute of Technology and Engineering Science, Kota
- Sai Flytech Aviation Private Limited, Bilaspur
- Sathyabama University, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
- School of Aeronautics, Dwaraka (Gujarat)
- Siddhartha Institute of Aeronautical Engineering and Information Technology, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Tagore Engineering College (T.E.C.), Salem (Tamilnadu)
- The Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology(IIST), Tiruvananthapuram (Kerala)
- S.M. Institute of Aerospace Engineering and Technology, Bangalore
- Vel Tech Engineering College, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)